Monday, January 3, 2011

As the New Year unfolds, I take some time each year to reflect on the past and look to the future with excitement and optimism. This year as I plan and prepare for what God has for us here in Haysville, Kansas I am especially fired up to be given the opportunity to teach the pure gospel of Jesus Christ. As a product of the 60's and 70's Jesus Revolution, I witnessed a movement of the Holy Spirit that saw literally thousands of young people drawn to Christ. I believe there is a new wind blowing very similar to the winds of revival that blew in the Jesus Movement. Beginning January 9th and continuing through the next 6 weeks I will be sharing a sermon series entitled "Why Jesus Crossed the Road' (inspired by the book of the same name, written by Bruce Main). Jesus' travels and encounters with people gives us tremendous insight into his heart for people and his desire to cross the many barriers we must overcome in our world today if we are going to be New Testament messengers of God's righteousness!
Blessings on the New Year!

No comments: