Monday, April 12, 2010

Don't Wait!

Whatever the dreams God places in your heart or whatever He desires to do through you, begin it now! Boldness has genius, power, and fruit in it. I have found that when I wait for the perfect moment, procrastinate because I'm tired or ignore an opportunity to serve, the moment leaves and never seems to return. A good friend of mine years ago shared that he had the opportunity to share with someone the awesome story of Jesus Christ. He had the opportunity present itself, but because he had something urgent (or seemingly so) on his mind, he ignored the opportunity. A few minutes later after he had driven on he realized what had happened. He turned around to go back the the intersection where he had seen the person and you guessed it, they were not there. I don't know what happened to them or where life has taken them, but I do know that my friend missed an opportunity of blessing by ignoring the Holy Spirit's leading. I will never forget that day as he told me the story and wept as he shared it with me.

I have as a result of his story, made it my personal practice to, no matter how busy I am or what my schedule dictates, I will respond immediately when the Holy Spirit prompts me to action. So remember...

Whatever the dreams God places in your heart or whatever He desires to do through you, begin it now! Boldness has genius, power, and fruit in it.


No comments: